Unlimited Mopars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for all Mopars

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Threw Another Code

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ROKTMAN
ROKTMAN

Threw Another Code Empty
PostSubject: Threw Another Code   Threw Another Code EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 3:20 pm

Washed the truck on SA since there was a little dust on the roads from the salt drying last week.Took it to the Touchless Wash.After I came out and finished drying it, ran like crap,shuddered and threw a 0051 code.Figured the O2 had gotten wet.Took it home and plugged it into the C- Tec since it might be a few days until I drive it.Forecasting an inch of snow MO.Figured it might dry out.

I started her up this morning to go to my buddie`s shop.Started right up and ran fine.The wideband gauge was showing an error code.We tried to find the cause online with the Inovative manuals but couldn`t.Called them and the said it was an O2 failure where the gauge wire plugs into an O2.I had welded an O2 bung on the mid pipes.Turns out they use a VW O2 sensor.They had them for $79.00 but were in Cali.I figured I could get one at the local VW dealer since I was at the shop....$232.00 dealer cost...WTF? I Innovative ship me one.

I had been hearing a rattle in the exhaust a couple of weeks before all this with the O2 started but never took it to my buddy.Turns out the rear hanger on the exhaust broke off.Not only the hanger but it pulled out of the pipe in two places.I had the muffler shop weld the holes and the hanger for $50.00 to get me by.Really need new pipes welded in to fix it correctly. It would be $300.00 for two new stainless pipes and cut off my tips and reweld them and the pipes inline.When it comes time for that I think I can get a whole new cat back system for not a whole lot more.Mine is six years old so I guess it lasted pretty long.

That was my day.Went to the grocery since they are forecasting an inch or so of the White Death tonight.Might be a few days until I venture out.

And how was YOUR day?
Back to top Go down
rumblebee#2331
rumblebee#2331

Threw Another Code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threw Another Code   Threw Another Code EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 3:58 pm

day is good the 10 is at the dealer getting wet sanded polished waxed and paint chips repaired , should look brand new tomorrow, and the bee is going in for the remote start tomorrow . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
06 ca bighorn
06 ca bighorn

Threw Another Code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threw Another Code   Threw Another Code EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 4:00 pm

Wow, when it rains it pours!?!...well it could always be worse. At least you have a temp. fix to get you by for now. Good luck with the 02 sensor. Smile
Back to top Go down
ROKTMAN
ROKTMAN

Threw Another Code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threw Another Code   Threw Another Code EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 4:23 pm

Yea,thankSS man.At least I didn`t blow another motor. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Threw Another Code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threw Another Code   Threw Another Code Empty

Back to top Go down

Threw Another Code
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unlimited Mopars :: Dodge Rams :: General Discussion-
Jump to: